Shopper Green is an online service provider for personal grocery shopping. We strive to help make grocery shopping effortless, affordable, and accessible to everyone. Our technology gives customers access to their favorite stores online so they can order groceries from anywhere. Shopper Green processes these orders and delivers the groceries to the customer's doorstep within a window of time requested by customers. Our website, mobile properties, and related applications (collectively, our "Website") are part of the Shopper Green.com Network, which is owned and operated by Shopper Green Australia.
We understand that use of our website involves providing information of a personal nature and we make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us.
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can be used to identify you as an individual or to contact you directly ("personal information").
Personal information includes information you provide us such as your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, username and password, and billing information. We will also request specific information about your requirements for our Services.
Location Information and Other Information from Devices
When you use an Application on a Device, we will collect and use information about you in generally similar ways and for similar purposes as when you use the Shopper Green website. In addition, we may collect information about your location if you have instructed your Device to send such information to the Application via the privacy settings on that Device. We may use the location information collected from your Device or photos to enhance your use of the Application by providing you with relevant content and contextual advertising. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the Application. Please note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features of our App.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
- To help us customize the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and Apps and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable non-essential types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the services offered on our Website.
How we use your information
Shopper Green uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
- for registration and to manage your account, including to allow your access to and use of our site;
- to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about Shopper Green;
- to facilitate your purchases;
- to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and Website;
- to engage in direct marketing or notify you about special offers;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions or described to you at the point of collection.
With whom we share your information
Shopper Green may share your information with the following entities:
- Partners of the Services. Information that we share with partners to facilitate purchase will be treated according to the applicable partners' privacy policies.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf like payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf. for example, as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of third-party vendors and they may engage in direct marketing to you.
- Affiliated Websites. If you were referred to Shopper Green from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and purchase preferences, about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites' use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to Shopper Green.
How Long We Keep Your Information for
We may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity. The periods for which we retain your information depend on the purpose for which we collected and used it.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. We may retain some information for a period of time after you have closed your account with us, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights.
Your rights and choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with your personal information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on Shopper Green.
- You have the right to ask us what personal information we hold about you by contacting us at the address below (see "Contact Us”).
- We endeavour to ensure that your personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can also review, add or update the information you have provided to us by visiting your subscriptions page on our Website.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above. If you decide to close your Shopper Green account, we will deactivate your account and remove your profile information from active view.
- You can close your Shopper Green account by contacting us. We will send you an email to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time.
- When you register as a member of Shopper Green you will have the opportunity to provide us with your marketing preferences, and will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive marketing messages via email from Shopper Green. As a registered Shopper Green member, you can modify your choices at any time through the Email Settings of your subscriptions page.
- Whether registered as a Shopper Green member or not, you will also be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such email we send.
- Please note that we may send you other communications, including service announcements, and administrative messages relating to your Shopper Green account.
How we protect your information
We store personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. We want you to feel confident about using Shopper Green, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organisational measures to protect the personal information you provide us against unauthorized or unlawful access, interference, modification, use or disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized employees of Shopper Green are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
How you can contact us
We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
Call Recording and Monitoring